I am passionate about pattern and love to design and make products in my home workshop that you can treasure.
I create original artworks and prints; as well as designing items using screen print; sublimation print; sandblasting and lasercutting.
DESIGN & MAKE
Here for your freelance illustration and surface pattern design needs.
Whether it's for
book Illustration; homeware;
fashion; or product packaging,
I can help you get the design you need to make your project zing!
WHAT I DO
Hello, I'm Janine White, owner of A Little White Workshop.
I am a creative freelance illustrator, surface pattern designer, and designer/maker.
WHO I AM
I have always loved art in all forms but developed a love of pattern design, various textile techniques (especially screen printing and embroidery) and laser cutting and engraving whilst studying Surface Pattern Design at university.
A bit more about me...
- Lover of surface pattern design, screen printing and embroidery
- Obsessed by laser cutting and engraving (I own a laser cutter- it's VERY exciting!)
- Aspire to do a natural conservation tour - especially to Costa Rica or the Galapagos Islands!
- I can't get enough of natural history and our understanding of the world around us.
- I am fascinated by the tiniest details in nature.
- I also have a keen interest in the conservation of historical buildings (I am from a family of builders specialising in conservation and restoration works).
As an avid admirer of the natural world, I am instinctively drawn to the beauty of nature and the surrounding environment and reflect this through detailed illustrations and patterns using a variety of drawing materials.
These illustrations are often scanned into the computer to be edited in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. If I have not already added colour to my work, I will sometimes digitally colour it in before creating repeat patterns.
These illustrations and patterns are then used on finished products, such as scarves, cushions, laser cut images and prints.
HOW I WORK
From large companies to small creatives, if you've got a great idea for a collaborative project ,
I'd love to hear from you.